National Sexual Assault Victims’ Attorneys | Gold Law Firm
Sexual assault is a serious and widespread problem in the US, effecting the lives of millions of people. According to the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN), an American citizen is sexually assaulted every 98 seconds. Furthermore, one of out of six American women has been a victim of assault either attempted or completed, in her lifetime. All too often, the survivors of these attacks suffer silently, encountering disbelief when they attempt to report the crime, and sometimes even pressure to keep the assault quiet. While the perpetrators of these crimes can be brought to justice in criminal court, assault doesn’t always happen in a vacuum. Institutions and organizations sometimes turn a blind eye to inappropriate and even illegal behavior, or fail to ensure that the proper safeguards are in place to protect people from assault. When this happens, victims can hold the negligent parties to account in civil court. The national sexual assault victims’ attorneys at the Gold Law Firm fight to protect the rights of these survivors, and work diligently to provide the support necessary to help them on the road to healing.
Obtaining Justice For Sexual Assault Victims
The personal injury lawyers at the Gold Law Firm represent sexual assault and abuse survivors. When an organization fails to put in place common sense safeguards and protections against abuse, or attempts to cover-up or ignore illegal behavior, we can bring that organization to justice, and recover fair and just compensation for the victims. Examples of these cases are:
- Workplace assaults and harassment — Much of our time is spent in the workplace, and because of the inherent power structure built into most work environments, sexual harassment is a common problem. Harassment can create a hostile work environment, and can sometimes lead to assault. If you or a loved one was sexually harassed or assaulted at work, and the company you work for failed to address the problem or protect your legal rights, we can help.
- Nursing home, health and daycare providers — Environments such as nursing homes, daycare, and mental and physical health care facilities are places where people are frequently susceptible to being taken advantage of due to medical conditions or age, and as such, they are places where sexual abuse and assault is common. When one of these institutions fails to ensure the safety of the people in their care, they need to be held responsible, not only to obtain justice for the victim, but to also prevent future assaults.
- Property owners — Property owners have a legal obligation to prevent injury to people who are guests and tenants on their property. This includes ensuring the necessary safeguards are taken to prevent guests from becoming victims of sexual crimes. More often than not, these types of cases involve hotels, apartments and restaurants, and the assault is the result of negligent supervision, or the property owner not taking the reasonable, common sense security measures needed to prevent the crime.
Other common types of sexual assault cases the assault survivor’s rights attorneys at the Gold Law Firm handle include:
- Massage Therapist Sexual Assault
- Physician Sexual Misconduct
- Prison Sexual Assault
- Ridesharing Sexual Assault Cases
- Therapist Sexual Assault
You can also read our sexual assault FAQ to get answers to frequently asked questions.
Experienced and Caring Legal Help
We are passionate about representing the survivors of sexual assault. Our law firm has the experience needed, and the sensitivity required to properly represent the victims of sexual assault, obtain the justice the deserve, and hold the negligent parties responsible so that it doesn’t happen again. If you were injured in a sexual assault, abuse or rape involving an institution, organization or business, please the Gold Law Firm today for a free consultation at (303) 694-4653.