Attorneys for a family that was killed in an Aspen home announced that all remaining claims connected to their deaths have been settled, according to 9 News. The family had won a trip to Aspen over Thanksgiving weekend; all four members of the family died of carbon-monoxide poisoning while on the trip. Investigators believe that failed vent pipes from a malfunctioning boiler greatly increased the levels of carbon-monoxide in the building. Criminal charges were dismissed in the incident, but several parties have agreed to confidential settlements in the case. Attorneys have said that all parties involved in the case are satisfied that the settlements are fair and just.
Have you lost a loved one because of the negligence of someone else? Speak with an experienced Denver wrongful death attorney today to discuss your options.
Carbon monoxide poisoning is just one of the factors that can result in what often appears to be a fluke accident that claims innocent lives. These accidents, such as fires that break out in the middle of the night, appear to be purely accidental. Unfortunately, in some cases these accidents are entirely preventable. A gas appliance may be defectively manufactured, or a repair technician might create a dangerous situation while trying to make a repair. If this negligent action causes an accident, and someone is injured, the negligent party may be liable for medical bills, property damage, lost wages, or pain and suffering that result from the accident.
Speak with the experienced Denver premise liability lawyers at the Gold Law Firm today to discuss your options after the loss of a loved one. No one should have to face financial hardship on top of the emotional pain of losing a loved one in an accident that is caused by someone’s negligence. Many Denver and Greeley wrongful death attorneys work on a contingent fee basis. This means that you pay a fee to your attorney only after he or she recovers compensation for you. For more information and a FREE CONSULTATION, speak with an attorney today.